Healthy Chicken Fajita Rollup Recipe, 27g of Protein!August 11, 2023
This is not your typical high-calorie Applebee’s meal. Instead, this healthy chicken fajita rollup is low in carbs, low in calories, high in nutrients, and so much better for you!
This healthy dinner is not to be confused with Applebee’s chicken fajita rollups. While the restaurant wraps look like a healthy option, they actually have 1500 calories! Hard to believe because all it really includes is a tortilla, chicken, and stuffed with fajita stuff like peppers!
This Chicken fajita rollup however ditches the tortilla, leaving you with a high protein, low carb, and low calorie dinner. It would fit perfectly with this 1200 calorie low carb meal plan!
The first time I made these, I cooked the chicken , and THEN rolled them with some sauteed peppers inside. But, then I did some online searches for other stuffed chicken ideas, and most people were rolling the filling up with the raw chicken. Then, they browned the chicken in a hot skillet. And then they baked it to make sure the chicken was cooked through.
Healthy Chicken Fajita Rollup Recipe
Recipe by: Amy Roskelley of Health Beet
Makes 1 Serving
Prep Time: 5 minutes: Cook Time: 20 minutes: Total Time: 25 minutes
- meat tenderizer
- 1/2 large chicken breast
- 1/2 medium pepper
- 1 teaspoon fajita seasoning
- Using a meat tenderizer, pound a chicken breast out onto the counter. You can use a cutting board below, and a piece of wax paper between the meat and your tenderizer to minimize splatter of your chicken. 4 ounces of chicken is ideal.
- Slice a pepper, any color.
- roll pepper up into your chicken breast, and secure with toothpicks.
- Sprinkle fajita seasoning on the chicken rollup.
- Heat a skillet and add cooking spray. Brown your chicken rollup on all sides and sear the seam.
- Heat oven to 375 and bake chicken fajita rollup until the chicken is cooked through, about 25 minutes. Use a meat thermometer and wait until the temperature reaches 165.
Calories 42; Carbohydrates 1 gram; Fat 2 grams; Protein 5 grams
ABOUT THE AUTHORAmy Roskelley is a health & fitness professional with a Bachelors of Science in Community Health from BYU. She is a Certified Personal Trainer (ACE), Certified Personal Chef (IAP), and Certified as a Nutrition & Wellness Consultant (AFPA). She is the founder of the health and fitness blog, Health Beet and the creator of many low calorie recipes author of weight loss books. Read more articles by Amy!
|Recipe Disclaimer: If you have specific dietary restrictions, allergies or a nutrition plan that you are following, make sure to read the ingredient list prior to consumption. All information on ObesityHelp.com is intended for informational purposes only. The information is not intended to be a replacement or substitute for consultation with a qualified medical professional. Please contact a medical professional with any questions and concerns.|