Member Services’s Posts

Member Services
on 2/1/24 6:56 am
Topic: RE: Early Bird Access is Open ? Bariatric Connect 2024 National Conference!

Early Bird Deal Alert, Only 100 Available!

Are you ready to join us at the 2024 Bariatric Connect National Conference in Newport Beach, CA, on September 20th-21st? Now's the perfect opportunity! Starting today, you can grab an Early Bird ticket - be one of the first 100 to register and save $30 on general admission. This Early Bird offer lasts until March 31, 2024, or until the Early Bird tickets sell out - whichever comes first!

Join us on an incredible two-day journey, filled with learning, sharing, and connecting. It's not just an event, it's where you'll find your people! https://bit.ly/42l42aS

Member Services
on 10/7/23 10:41 am
Topic: RE: Dr. Now from "My 600-lb Life" will deliver Keynote at #OH2023!

Women have always been the majority when it comes to breakdowns by gender for WLS, in general (as far back as the early 2000's). However, we have had an increase in male attendees year over year at our National Conferences. We even had a Men's Roundtable Discussion this year that was well-attended.

Unfortunately, photos are not captioned with names due to the number of attendees we have each year, and the photos do have labels below each of the 4 sections.

Member Services
on 10/2/23 12:10 pm, edited 10/2/23 5:17 am

Batwingman, I am sorry you missed the event. We had about 400 attendees who attended. Dr. Now did a keynote and a fireside chat, he also walked the runway in the Fashion Show. You can go here to see photos from OH2023 https://www.obesityhelp.com/events/photos/

Member Services
on 7/7/23 11:09 am, edited 9/25/23 7:23 am

We're thrilled to announce the return of Dr. Younan Nowzaradan (aka Dr. Now from "My 600-lb Life") as Keynote Speaker & Fireside Chat guest for #OH2023! Get ready for an extraordinary session filled with invaluable insights only Dr. Now can bring! It is an honor to have him join us to help celebrate our 25th Anniversary; as part of the celebration, use promo code DRNOW25 for a $25 discount on your conference tickets. Click here for more details!

For more information about the 2023 ObesityHelp National Conference, including details on the agenda, speakers, and ticket availability, visit https://www.obesityhelp.com/events.

Member Services
on 5/15/23 6:43 am, edited 7/5/23 2:32 pm
Topic: RE: OH2023 Speaker Submissions Are Open!

A Call For Speakers, Inspirational to Educational!

We are currently accepting speaker submissions for the 2023 ObesityHelp National Conference! Our mission is to provide education, empowerment, support, and inspiration. If you are as passionate as we are about our mission, we would love to hear from you!

Conference Dates: Friday, September 15th and Saturday, September 16th, 2023

Click here for more information and to fill out your application!

Member Services
on 5/4/23 7:06 am
Topic: RE: Thinking about weight loss surgery

Welcome to OH.

You will probably find that more people have gravitated away from the lap band and opted for the VSG (Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy) Since you are just starting the journey, I would definitely research all three surgery types Gastric Bypass (RNY) VSG and Lap Band. There are forums for each of those surgery types, but Lap band probably has the least activity at this time, since many have converted to an RNY or VSG.

If you post some questions on either of those boards asking if anyone has had the lap band and revised to a new surgery type, they might be able to answer some of your questions as to why they did it.

But, to answer your question regarding where do you start, the best option is to determine if your insurance carrier will cover the procedure, which surgeon is in your network, and then attend a webinar or seminar to learn more about that surgeon and the procedures they perform.

If you need help with determining if your insurance will cover the surgery, our team of Member Service Rep can assist you. Just email [email protected] and let them know you would like some assistance and they will send you what they need to verify your insurance and assist you in locating a surgeon.

Best of luck!

Member Services
on 4/26/23 12:37 pm, edited 7/5/23 2:32 pm
Topic: RE: OH2023 National Conference: Early Bird Tickets On Sale For A Limited Time! SAVE $30!

Join us in beautiful Costa Mesa, CA on September 15th & 16th!

We can't wait to see you all at the OH2023 National Conference this year! We are happy to be celebrating YOU and our 25th Year Anniversary during the upcoming conference! Come join us for fun, education, inspiration, and support. Get your EARLY BIRD tickets now and save $30! Book your hotel room too!

Less than 50 days left to lock-in the Early Bird prices as this offer ends 6/15/23 Tag your friends and give them a heads-up, the more the merrier.

We can?t wait to see you in the OC!

Member Services
on 4/4/23 7:52 am
Topic: RE: Looking for a Surgeon in New Jersey

Hello JerseyGirl94,

We would be happy to help you locate a skilled weight loss surgeon! Please PM us or contact us at: 866-957-4636

Member Services
on 10/17/22 2:36 pm
Topic: RE: Does anyone do RNY to DS revision in Mexico?

Hello! Here is a link to the Bariatric Surgeons in Mexico and you can see which ones do Revision and RNY/DS.

https://www.obesityhelp.com/find/bariatric-surgeon/MEXICO/

Member Services
on 9/28/22 1:44 pm, edited 1/13/23 7:41 am
Topic: RE: Share Your WLS Journey, Your inspiration!

Hello OH Friends and Family!

We would love to share your WLS Journey in a Before & After featured article on our ObesityHelp.com home page and social media platforms! Or perhaps you would like to blog about a topic that is important to you? Your journey and words can help to inspire so many others! Whether you are 20-plus years as a post-op or a few weeks out, or considering surgery...your words matter! Please email [email protected] for brief guideline details.

Member Services
on 9/1/22 12:52 pm
Topic: RE: Help! Surgery date scheduled 9/14/22 - I need encouragement

Hi Kimmy and welcome to OH!

I am over 20 yrs post op and I can tell you that this decision was the best one I ever made, even given the fact I have faced regain over the years. All you need to remember is that your surgery is a TOOL. How you work that tool is up to you and how successful you will be. To be successful build your "toolbox" with key components that will help you achieve and maintain your maximum weight loss such as a support system (online and in person), finding healthier alternatives, focusing on portion control, and using meal prep to plan your meals.

Remember that you are going to need to maximize your weight loss during the first 12-16 months, so steer clear of simple carbs and alcohol. Alcohol is a big issue where people find that they regain because they are drinking their calories.

Best of luck to you. Keep us updated once you are home.

Member Services
on 8/11/22 6:04 pm, edited 8/11/22 6:17 pm
Topic: RE: Scholarship Tickets Available for OH2022 National Conference

Every year our Platinum and Gold Sponsors provide scholarship tickets for the OH National Conference.

The conference is in Costa Mesa, CA this year, and thanks to Premier Protein, PatchMD, and VIDA Wellness & Beauty, for their support of the bariatric community and for providing these scholarship tickets.

Sign up if you would like to be considered for a Scholarship Ticket to OH2022. The scholarship ticket covers the entrance to the full two-day conference, including all sessions and social events on 9/30 and 10/1, plus includes a weight loss-friendly lunch for that Saturday. The ticket does not cover hotel accommodations, parking fees, food, or travel expenses.

Tickets awarded have no value and cannot be sold or given to another person.

Member Services
on 8/6/22 6:58 pm, edited 8/11/22 5:59 pm
Topic: RE: OH2022 National Conference Fashion Show - model submission open

Are you joining us at our National Conference this fall?

Come walk the runway! The Fashion Show Sign-Ups are now open for the ObesityHelp National Conference to be held on Sept. 30th & Oct. 1st, 2022 in beautiful Costa Mesa, California. The OH2022 Fashion Show/After Party is sponsored by Platinum Sponsor, Premier Protein. https://www.obesityhelp.com/.../oh2022-fashion-model.../ There is still time to get a ticket if you have not. You can learn more about the OH2022 National Conference

Member Services
on 7/16/22 7:02 am
Topic: RE: Transoral gastric outlet Reduction

We published an article about this procedure previously. It is written by Dr. Shelby Sullivan:

https://www.obesityhelp.com/articles/weight-regain-after-wls -and-the-trans-oral-outlet-reduction/

Member Services
on 4/12/22 7:06 am
Topic: RE: wheres my post

Hello Coop,

Your original post is here on this message board just below this thread. New profiles are on an automatic 24 hour moderation until the profile has ben approved so that may be why your post did not show up in a timely matter.

Member Services
on 3/28/22 7:42 am
Topic: RE: Slimpressions 50% off (Going out of business)

It is with a heavy heart that we share this news, but Slimpressions will be closing and is liquidating everything. Everything in stock is currently 50% off when you use the code SAVE50 at checkout out.

You can find some great compression garments from this business if you are pre-op, I would suggest taking advantage of this now. Many post-op patients, including OH staff, love these. They are also great for individuals with lipedema.

www.slimpressions.com
Promo Code: SAVE50

Member Services
on 3/14/22 8:45 am
Topic: RE: frustrated

I completely understand why you are so frustrated, but at least your GI doctor can possibly help. You may want to get your operative report from the hospital you had surgery at so that the GI doc is aware of what was done during that time and what possible issues you could be experiencing.

I was diagnosed with a hiatal hernia after having food get stuck and belching. The pressure of the hernia pushing up was causing both. I have not had surgery for it as of yet, but will need to at some point.

Keep us updated on how things progress with you. I hope you do get some answers and relief.

Member Services
on 3/10/22 5:30 am, edited 3/9/22 9:30 pm
Topic: RE: Meal prep thoughts?

Hello Summerjoe and JackieLove. If you search with the keywords: Meal Prep on Obesityhelp.com you will find some really helpful articles.

Here is one as an example:

The Importance of Meal Prep For Weight Loss

Member Services
on 3/3/22 8:09 am
Member Services
on 2/23/22 7:13 am
Topic: RE: OH National Conference Speaker Submissions Open

We're excited to announce that the OH2022 National Conference Speaker Submissions are now OPEN! There are many session types for speakers to participate at the conference: Keynote, Workshop, Breakout Room, Q&A Panel (Patients and Professionals). If you'd like to be considered or suggest a speaker, check out how to submit here.

Member Services
on 1/9/22 12:57 pm
Topic: RE: OMG! I should have weight loss Surgery a lot sooner

My regain was about 45-50 lbs at year 15.

Member Services
on 1/8/22 4:43 am
Topic: RE: Are there any bariatric surgeons that work on high BMI's in Los Angeles or close to?

Hello TeeTee,

Our ObesityHelp team would be happy to help you in your search for a surgeon that works with higher BMI's. Please contact us at Member Services: Email Member Services

Member Services
on 1/7/22 6:10 am
Topic: RE: Bonjoy Campfire Latte review

Thank you so much for sharing! This is one I want to try, so knowing what to expect is so helpful. I've never been disappointed by UNJURY's flavors or taste, but this new item has me intrigued and wanting to try. Great idea about a gellato, that is something I would enjoy for sure.

Member Services
on 1/6/22 4:42 pm
Topic: RE: OMG! I should have weight loss Surgery a lot sooner

I love seeing posts like this, but I also always caution people that this is a lifelong change and regain can happen at any time. Start now by adapting healthier habits, exercise, low carb lifestyle, and mental health breaks. We all need that mental day to just decompress and stress can lead to regain. Hell, LIFE can lead to regain. I am so happy that you are feeling alive. This is the best decision I ever made 21 yrs ago and even with the regain I had, I would do this again in a heartbeat.

I can't wait to see some photos if you feel comfortable in sharing them. If not, no worries. But, you are an inspiration to many who are still on that path to finding more out about weight loss surgery.

Most Active