Recent Posts

jrussell
on 6/20/09 12:40 pm - Boiling Springs, SC
Topic: I'm so happy that there is a Christian Forum!!!
I have been on OH many times over the past 3 years.  Researching, reading of others experences, asking questions, but I never saw that there was a Christian Forum!! I am so excited.  I mostly just read.  I'm not much of a poster. But Now that I have Brothers and Sisters out there on the same path, I just might spend more time here!
Prayer request.  I am 1 year and4 months out and I am stuck, have not lost in more that 6 months.  I have lost 105 lbs of which I am Praising God for.  but need to loose at least 40 more.
I have been able to get off all meds, no GERD, no Sleep Apnea, No Diabeties!Praise the Lord.
 Pray that I will get back on track and loose those other pounds I need to loose and that I will find a way to pay for Plastic surgery to get rid of all this skin.
Thanks for being there and being real.
marylaw
on 6/20/09 12:54 am - Winfield, KS
Topic: The Story Behind Father's Day
Hi, Everyone.
Do you know the story behind Father's Day? I didn't. Here it is:

http://www.tangle.com/view_video.php?viewkey=662b39e8cb1cd86 ea01f
Happy Father's Day to all the fathers out there who love their children with a pure love.
Blessings,
Mary
"Don't tell God how big your storm is; tell your storm how BIG your God is!"

ObesityHelp Support Group Leader and Support Group Coach
Randall Culpepper
on 6/19/09 9:56 pm - Guntersville, AL
Topic: Randall is...........
is up, only to get Allison off to VBS Day at church.  Still hurting but enjoying some awesome Trader Joe's Mellow Blend coffee.  Thanks Dayner D for the wonderful Coffee!!  Sure makes the aches seem small this morning.

Y'all keep Lucy in your prayers.  Her shoulder is really bothering her and if she doesn't get better, I may take her back in today to see the Dr.  When the car did the sling shot, her side hit the embankment HARD after the head on hit.  It was rough y'all. 

Keep praying for us. 

It could have been worse.  LOTS worse, but God is so awesome!!!  THANK GOD FOR DIVINE PROTECTION!

For every Goliath, there is a Stone! His name is Jesus!"
       coffeefirst.jpg image by jrcpepper

marylaw
on 6/18/09 3:20 pm - Winfield, KS
Topic: Flashback Friday Devotion #23 [To whom does the battle belong?]
Hi, Everyone.
When I read today's devotion from my personal journal dated May 1, 2007, I remembered well the day and what I was going through. Very hard and very precious.

Flashback Friday Devotion #23 [To whom does the battle belong?]

I felt like I was in a battle this morning, not so much with overeating, but with the enemy, who was trying to get me to doubt that I had faith to stand and believe for my healing.
     In prayer, I told the Lord about this battle, and I heard Him say so clearly, "I will fight for you." I went to the Concordance and was drawn to Exodus 14:14, "The Lord will fight for you, and you shall hold your peace and remain at rest."
     I read the previous verse (Exodus 14:13), also, which says, "...Fear not: stand still (firm, confident, undismayed) and see the salvation of the Lord which He will work for you today. For the Egyptians you have seen today you shall never see again."
     Isn't that wonderful?! The Lord brought that Word for me, to help me know that He's in my corner AND to show me that the army of gluttony that I've been fighting for SO long is GONE! If I see them, it's just the Evil One, and the army is just a mirage. Praise God!
     God has already fought the battle! The battle has been won! Because of Him, I can stand firm, confident, and undismayed. I am in awe of God's mercy, and I give Him all the glory.

What "Egyptians" are you facing today? Be assured that God is saying to you, "Do not fear. Stand still and watch Me fight for you." Praise Him that the battle belongs to Him, not you.

Blessings,
Mary

Darlene Nelson
on 6/18/09 11:09 am - Hastings, MI
Topic: RE: Thursday Coffee Talk
OH Randy!  Is it ever good to hear your voice again!!  I have not been on the boards for so long and I just got back on (because I have gained 30 lbs and know I need the suppost) and here I see you are still here!  What a inspiration you are to me.  THANX!!
Randall Culpepper
on 6/17/09 7:51 pm - Guntersville, AL
Topic: Thursday Coffee Talk
Good Thursday morning everyone!  Time to rise and shine.  OK!  Maybe too early for some of you.  LOL  It is 4:45 and I have been up since 3:00.  Laid in bed and just couldn't go back to sleep.  

Our challenge for today is to take your vitamins.  Calcium and a Multivitamin are a MUST for us!  We have to get them in.  Do you take yours?  Either just out of surgery or years out, we STILL have to take them.  Be sure to get your vitamins in!  They help in weight loss, but more so, they help in bone strength, blood levels and counts.  GET THOSE VITS IN TODAY!!

So, who's up?  What cha sippin' on?  Me?  I'm enjoying some wonderful Maxwell House Master Blend today.  Sure does a body good to enjoy an awesome cup of coffee!  HA! 

Have a wonderful Vitamin filled Thursday!

marylaw
on 6/17/09 6:07 pm - Winfield, KS
Topic: Life Plan Devotion #106 [Phil. 4:19--What next?]
Hi, Everyone.
Today, we wrap up Philippians 4:19. Tomorrow, I will post the Flashback Friday Devotion, and Monday, we'll pick up with the next promise of God. :)
For those of you who are willing to respond, what is your greatest need, on your weight-loss journey, for which you are trusting God to provide? For me, it's getting the scale moving more quickly.

Life Plan Devotion #106 [Philippians 4:19--What next?]

Philippians 4:19 "My God will liberally supply (fill to the full) your every need according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus" (Amplified Version).

Our every need is supplied by God, and since God lives in the supernatural, His provision comes from the supernatural. Since we live in the natural, we tend to look to the natural for provision. Our challenge is to allow our supernatural Heavenly Father to intervene in our natural cir****tances.
     One of my majors in college was Business Education, and I learned the importance of asking, whether one is an employee or a CEO. I learned that there are 4 principles of asking:
          1) Ask as if you expect to get it.
          2) Ask someone who has the authority to give it to you.
          3) Ask in a way that is clear and specific.
          4) Ask repeatedly.
     Does God want us to ask Him for provision? After all, He knows everything. He knows what we need, so we should merely sit back and wait for Him to provide, in His sovereign will and timing. Right? Wrong. How do I know that? Let's look at the verse on which we will focus for the next few days.
Matthew 7:7 "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be open to you" (NIV).
     When I read that verse about a week ago, I saw a principle of provision from the very mouth of Jesus Christ:
          Ask
          Seek
          Knock
     We will continue to look at the principle of asking. Until next time, be thinking of how that involves prayer, especially in your own life.

What this has to do with weight loss: Whatever needs you have on your weight-loss journey, consider asking for help. Too many are too proud to ask for what they need. Not only are there people around you who can help you, there is Someone always near, to whom you can go and express your needs. He has all the answers.

Confession:
God wants me to ask Him to supply my need. Therefore, I will learn to pray and ask my supernatural Heavenly Father to supply my natural needs.

Blessings,
Mary

greencougar
on 6/17/09 3:21 am - MN
Topic: RE: Struggling again
Trish, I'm relatively new to this board so don't know too much about you, but from what you write, it is apparant to me you have a deep drive to understand yourself and that takes extraordinary courage, imo, when you are dealing w/abandonment issues....which can be nothing less than terryifying.....until you get to the root source. Also you are down 119 lbs? and again it takes not just discipline and hard work to be successful on your wls....it's seems reasonable now that you are nearing your goal, you would begin to question what it is you want going forward. You have my prayers, but more importantly you have your SELF and once you get to know your SELF again you will be able to enjoy yourself as much as the others in your life who love and need you.

marylaw
on 6/16/09 9:34 pm - Winfield, KS
Topic: Life Plan Devotion #105 [Phil. 4:19 Qualifications]
Hi, Everyone.
It was a stormy night in Kansas. I was up several times, rebuking the threat of tornadoes. We received much rain, but all is well. I praise God for His promises of safety, and the power of His Word.
Today, we look at the 3rd qualification for the Philippians 4:19 promise, and tomorrow, we will look at where provision comes from and an important principle, which is linked to its own promise.
This is a special day in my life--my 32nd wedding anniversary. It's a long time to live with a boy! My husband's probably saying, "It's a long time to live with that girl!" lol
Have a great day, and, as always, it blesses and encourages me to hear from you.

Life Plan Devotion #105 [Philippians 4:19 Qualifications]

Philippians 4:19 "And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from His glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus" (NLT).

There are 3 qualifications for experiencing the manifestation of the Philippians 4:19 promise in your life: 1) You must have a need, 2) You must know Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord, and 3) You must be a giver.
     Paul writes, in Philippians 4:15-18, to the church at Philippi, "As you Philippians know, in the early days of your acquaintance with the gospel, when I set out from Macedonia, not one church shared with me in the matter of giving and receiving, except you only, for even when I was in Thessalonica, you sent me aid again and again when I was in need. Not that I am looking for a gift, but I am looking for what may be credited to your account. I have received full payment and even more; I am amply supplied, now that I have received from Epaphroditus the gifts you sent. They are a fragrant offering, an acceptable sacrifice, pleasing to God" (NIV).
     Paul had a need, and, of all the churches that Paul visited, the only church who met that need was the Philippian church. Because they were sowers, they qualified for the Philippians 4:19 promise. They were the only ones to partner with Paul, so they got all the blessing "credited to [their] [spiritual] account" (4:17), and any blessing credited to one's spiritual account will also show up as blessing in one's natural cir****tances.
     If you are a giver, a sower, out meeting the needs of the Kingdom of God, doing your best for God, Philippians 4:19 applies to you. If you're a giver, you'll be a receiver! Be assured, also, that when you give to others, it is "a fragrant offering, an acceptable sacrifice, pleasing to God" (4:18).

What this has to do with weight loss: There are many ways to be "a giver," while on your own weight-loss journey. Too often, we have tunnel vision; all we can see is the "pot of GOAL" at the end of the "not-so-rainbow like" journey. On your way to goal, look for ways to help others on their journey, and you will find that your own journey looks and feels more like a beautiful rainbow.

Confession:
I look for opportunities to give, to sow, to meet the needs of others, and God is pleased to supply my every need.

Blessings,
Mary

Randall Culpepper
on 6/16/09 9:15 pm, edited 6/16/09 9:19 pm - Guntersville, AL
Topic: Wednesday Coffee Talk
Good Wednesday morning everyone!  Time to rise and shine!  A new day is here and so is the weekend!  Today is Lucy's Thursday.  She gets a long weekend due to already having time off built up.  We are off to Tennessee this weekend for a LONG weekend, just the 2 of us.  Allison is at camp and Torey is flying off to California.  We can't wait to get away!

Our challenge for today is to add a little fun to your day.  Do something fun, silly, happening, and just relax.  When we are all stiff and no fun, no one wants to be around us, we get uptight and snap at everyone, and even our blood pressure gets out of control.  We need to have some fun in life.  Today, do just that!  I'm off to find a clown outfit for Allison.  She has to have one for an upcoming VBS day at church.  I can see me looking for a clown outfit.  HA!  I'm gonna make it fun though!  You do the same with your day.  Even at work, you can make it a fun day.  I've had jobs that I hated to go to, but it mostly was my attitude toward that job or someone made me hate it.  Once I got a new attitude towards that job, or STAYED away from that person, I could enjoy the job.  Make your day FUN!  I dare ya!

So, who's up?  What cha sippin' on?  Me?  I'm loving me some Javalia Vanilla Nut coffee and it sure is good.  Wanna join me in a cup?  Well, not actually IN the cup, but....you know what I meant!  HAHA!

Y'all have a FUN WEDNESDAY!

Most Active