Im a Newbie

Daraja
on 1/3/13 1:18 pm - Stockton, CA
VSG on 02/25/13

Im new to OH and I am awaiting my VSG...Im nervous and happy all at the same time...Anyone with any suggestions or tips.

acbbrown
on 1/3/13 3:26 pm - Granada Hills, CA

Hang out on this forum for endless and incredible motivation and inspiration and join the club of crazies around here where the sky is the limit :)

Exercise is very important to overall health, weight loss and eventual maintenance. Find something you enjoy and make it a part of your life. While many of us love to swim, bike and run - there are tons of other ways to get healthy and burn calories. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Daraja
on 1/3/13 4:20 pm - Stockton, CA
VSG on 02/25/13

Thanks for the advise. My knee doctor referred me for Water Therapy hopefully my insurance will approve it.

Phatchick
on 1/4/13 10:53 pm - Brookfield, IL
VSG on 04/16/12

I do the majority of my work outs in the water. I also go to a chiropractor for grastin. When I began this journey 7 months ago, i could not move for a day before it rained due to the pain in my knees. I used a cane sometimes and had to get shots in my knees every 3 months in order to walk. I used to wake up,  when i turned over in bed at night from painful knees.

Now, I have no knee pain. I can workout on the arc trainer for 1 hour and walk a 5 K with no knee pain. There is no pain before it rains and I have not had a shot in my knees in 10 months. 

My insurance pays for the chiropractor. I found a gym who had a very liberal schedule for pool use and also has a ton of classes like zumba and water aerobics daily. When I first started I was the youngest one in the class. I was also the weakest and most pathetic. A 93 y/o woman kicked my butt in the class. I could not keep up with her. She has been taking the class for 40 years. I want to be just like her!

Good Luck,

Sharon

KatCooper
on 1/4/13 5:50 am - Collierville, TN

Exactly what Alison said.  Walking, zumba, WII, whatever, it really is limitless!  Welcome aboard and congrats on your upcoming surgery!!

Kat

Lots of 5K's, 10K's., 4 1/2 Marathons, 3 Sprint Triathlon done. 2 Olympics and my  First IRONMAN 70.3 September 2013 and First Full Marathon Dec 2013  !!!!!

My blog- www.NPRunner.blogspot.com

Daraja
on 1/4/13 7:38 am - Stockton, CA
VSG on 02/25/13

Thanks I will try the walking, but I seriously dont think I could do the Zumba...what is WII?

Phatchick
on 1/4/13 10:54 pm - Brookfield, IL
VSG on 04/16/12

You can do aquatic zumba, I promise. If I can do it, anyone can! Try it. Sharon

Phatchick
on 1/7/13 11:23 am - Brookfield, IL
VSG on 04/16/12

I think Kat is talking about the WII fit. The computer game where you imitate dancing moves, tennis etc. .

The real trick is finding something that you love. You may have to try a lot of things before you find it. But once you find it, you will be on the right track to losing the weight for good. Best, Sharon

Daraja
on 1/8/13 12:24 am - Stockton, CA
VSG on 02/25/13
Oh the way it was typed I thought you wrote World War II...Wii ok
Most Active