Greateight’s Posts

Greateight
on 11/16/18 7:40 pm
Topic: RE: What?s on your Photo Friday ay Menu RNY?ers?

Great pictures, Kelly. You are really a role model.

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Greateight
on 11/16/18 5:23 am
Topic: RE: What?s on your Photo Friday ay Menu RNY?ers?

Good morning, everybody looks great in their pictures. Cassie, that's quite an interview. I'm super happy that it is Friday and jeans day. Its been kind of a hard week at work and most of what I wanted to get done remains undone.

QOTD: My mother in law loves the Black Friday shopping, so I am sure that she will have my wife and daughter out and about early on Friday morning. I likely won't go unless something particular catches my attention.

Breakfast: Turkey meatballs and cottage cheese

Snack: Spirella

Lunch: Pork

Snack: Light and Fit

Dinner: Mahi burger

Have a great Friday, all.

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Greateight
on 11/15/18 5:04 am
Topic: RE: What's on your Thursday Menu?

Good morning, all. I think that I can see Friday off in the distance. Our kids have all of next week off, so they are really counting down the days. I will work Monday and Tuesday. Usually I don't go in on Wednesday, but I have to stop by the hospital to get bloodwork and its on the way into the office, so I will likely go in for a few hours on Wednesday. Our office closes at 3:00.

I had the Light and Fit Pumpkin Pie flavor yesterday, I thought it was good.

QOTD: Just raking at this point. I need to take down the doors from our porch into the house, strip, sand and repaint them but its too cold now. That will be my May project.

Breakfast: Eggs, turkey sausage

Lunch: Pork

Snack: Light and fit

Dinner: Pork

Have a great day all

Greateight
on 11/14/18 5:56 am
Topic: RE: What's on your Wednesday menu, RNYers?

Good morning everybody. I got my hair cut yesterday. The stylist said that it did not appear that I was losing hair. Although, how can you even tell with a 50-ish man? I can't remember when it would thin if it does but I thought that it was 3-6 months. I'm going to the Blackhawks game tonight, hopefully they can snap there eight game losing streak.

QOTD; we are hosting. My wife's parents will fly in on Monday and then my daughter will fly in from college on Tuesday. Looking forward to seeing everybody. We hired a service to decorate our house with lights this year - we are happy with the way it came out.

Lunch: Catered but will get chili if its carb bomb

Dinner: Pork

Have a great day, all.

Greateight
on 11/13/18 5:39 am
Topic: RE: What?s on your Tuesday menu, RNYers?

Good morning all. Its 19 here in the Chicago area. Brrr. I have a meeting in the suburbs this morning so I don't have to battle the traffic into the city, good news. Even though I could have slept in today I woke up super early. Looking forward to the Thanksgiving break and family coming in to visit us.

QOTD: I would not wear a tank top at any weight. For different reasons I am not sure if I could wear the new style of leather dress sneakers or if I am too old.

Breakfast: Boiled egg, sausage

Lunch: Pulled pork

Snack: Protein bar

Dinner: Hamburger

Have a great day, all.

Greateight
on 11/12/18 5:51 am
Topic: RE: What's on your Monday menu RNY'ers?

Good morning all. I passed the 100 pound loss mark about a week ago. It doesn't feel that exciting because I maintained for close to a decade at about 25 pounds lower that where I was at the beginning of my program. About 5 months before I started the bariatric program I had to start taking insulin and that gave me a five pound a month gain for 5 months.

QOTD: Usually the gym will helpmeet with stress.I am still out of action until my arthritis clears up but I will at least be able to lift this week. Hopefully I will also be able to help my wife with raking this week,

Breakfast: Turkey Sausage and cottage cheese

Lunch: Work lunch but my assistant always orders something I can eat

Snack: Ham and Swiss roll ups

Dinner: Pulled pork.

Have a great day.

Greateight
on 11/11/18 3:01 pm
Topic: RE: What's on you Sunday menu, RNY'ers?

That looks fun. Have you seen the Pendleton Harry Potter house blankets? I got my daughter a Hufflepuff blanket last year and she informed me that she had been sorted and ended un in Slytherin!! Can you imagine? so we had to send it back to get a Slytherin blanket of all things. I got my sons the Star Wars blankets but they were indifferent so now me and my wife use them when we are watching TV

Greateight
on 11/9/18 6:09 am
Topic: RE: What?s on your Photo Friday Menu RNY?ers?

Happy Friday! I'm back in Chicago from a four day conference. My arthritis is slowly getting better. Two crutches last Friday, Saturday and Sunday, one crutch on Monday and Tuesday and I've been walking without crutches since. Still limping, though. Putting on my sock, knee brace and shoe in the hotel by myself was quite an adventure. Lots of creative uses of the coat hangers. I'm looking forward to less traveling for the rest of the year - just two trips.

QOTD: My cousin, who I was raised with until we moved was a career marine.

Breakfast: Turkey Sausage

Snack: Greek Yogurt

Lunch: Ham and Cheese

Snack: Jerky

Dinner: I think steak

Have a great day all.

Greateight
on 11/4/18 6:23 am
Topic: RE: What?s on your Sunday menu, RNYers??

Sorry to hear you were sick last night, Cassie. I have a mid-day flight today, so that will take most of my day. I'm doing better but will still need to bring my crutches through airport security. Since I have swelling in my knee and leg I am now having a gout attacking my foot to add a little extra pain. And the pain has caused me to break my normal blood sugar reading streak. Boo. Not to worrisome levels though.

QOTD: Aside from health related goals, I am very focused on getting to retirement. Its in a little under eight years (hence my signature name)

Breakfast: Turkey sausage,

Snack: laughing cow

Lunch: chili

Snack: protein bar

Dinner: unknown

Have great week all, I probably won't post until Friday because I don't know my password to do it on my cellphone.

Greateight
on 11/4/18 6:06 am
Topic: RE: What?s on your Saturday menu, RNYers??

Nothing so glamorous, I am a CPA.

Greateight
on 11/3/18 11:32 am
Topic: RE: What?s on your Saturday menu, RNYers??

Belated good morning. I'm still hobbling around my crutches. Last night was better though I was able to sleep for 5 1/2 hours straight and then fell asleep a little later after that. And the pain is getting to be less. (although I am starting to feel twinges in the other knee). No stiffness in that knee though so hopefully its nothing.

Today will be a low key day of elevating my knee and watching football and horse races.

QOTD:

I have had a lot of tough situations: Clients arguing about fees, other advisers arguing about interpretations of rules, people leaving, having to fire somebody, employees that don't meet their goals, being passed over for promotion. Plus the normal year to year pressure to generate client business The toughest for me have been the two times I had serious offers to switch firms. I have found it a hard, emotionally draining decision of whether to stay where so many years have been invested or to leave with the hope for a better opportunity.

Lunch: Filet mignon

Snack: Provolone and Proscuitto roll-ups

Dinner: Probably left over Filet

Greateight
on 11/2/18 1:31 pm
Topic: RE: What's on your Friday pics menu, RNYers?

Tough day for my knee today. I stayed home from work today to kept rested and elevated. Also, got out my crutches and a soft brace. I am supposed to travel on Sunday so I have about 48 hours to make some improvement. Marilyn had to put my sock on for me this morning.

QOTD: If my daughter's college makes it to a bowl game i will go to that. But they are really borderline right now. If they don't win two more games I'm not sure what if anything we will do. Our office shuts down for about 9 days at year ends it really makes sense to do something while I can.

Breakfast: Ham and cheese

Snack: light and fit

Lunch: Steak

Snack: Protein bar

Dinner: likely steak

Have a great start to the weekend.

Greateight
on 11/2/18 1:23 pm
Topic: RE: What's on your Friday pics menu, RNYers?

Is that Red Rocks Ampitheatre, Liz? Legendary Grateful Dead concert venue.

We have been to Domaine Serene. I think we have a bunch of Domaine Serene blankets in our family room because it was so cold the day we went.

Greateight
on 11/1/18 5:31 am
Topic: RE: What's on your Thursday menu, RNYers?

Good morning. We had very few children for Halloween this year. It was odd because just a few streets over there were many children. I guess they didn't have to walk very far to get all the candy that they wanted.

My shoes are on there way back to Chicagoland, so that is a relief. I went to the gym last night to do some light riding with the hope that it would loosen up my knee but it doesn't seem to have worked. I can walk and was able to sleep last night but I think that I may need to take a day or two off to let it recover.

QOTD: I don't know if this qualifies but Little Feat was always a band that I liked that didn't get much airplay

Breakfast: Leftover chili

Snack: L&F

Lunch: Ham and cheese

Snack: Jerky

Dinner: Unknown but on plan

Have a great day all.

Greateight
on 10/31/18 4:42 pm
Topic: RE: What?s on your Wednesday Menu RNY?ers?

so, I know that this misses the point, but how could 4 dogs bite you three times?

Greateight
on 10/31/18 6:24 am
Topic: RE: What?s on your Wednesday Menu RNY?ers?

I left my shoes in Seattle. That's not a metaphor. I was running around multi-tasking and managed to check out without packing them. So this morningI have to call the Fairmont and beg them to mail me my shoes. Also, I am limping around today the arthritis in my left knee is acting up. I think it was a big day in the gym Sunday followed by two long plane rides that did it. Hopefully it clears up today.

I am strangely not worried about the candy tonight. If I had tried candy and not dumped I would feel differently, but today I am early enough out that won't chance it.

QOTD: I will leave out all of the truly terrifying parent type stuff and say heights. I don't even like to stand too close to the windows in office towers.

Breakfast: Boiled eggs and ham

Lunch: catered but usually these are healthy

Snack: Ham and provolone

Dinner:Chili

Have a great day, all.

Greateight
on 10/28/18 6:58 am
Topic: RE: What's on your Sunday menu RNYers?

Good morning, all. Janet it looks chilly in your pictures. Maybe a nice change from the DC humidity, though. It rained last night and now the yard really needs to be raked. It won't be me thought because I have a late afternoon flight. Will my two teenage sons do it? In a word, no. They may tell us afterwards that if they knew that they could have raked for money they would have.

QOTD: So far I have been managing from closet shopping and Kohls. From previous weight loss I know that once I get a little smaller than I am now the sizes start going really fast. Right now I am a size 48 which is available in most department stores but the real variety starts in 46.

Breakfast: Boiled egg, turkey sausage

Snack: light and fit

Lunch: Chicken

Snack: chili if they have it at the airline club

Dinner: chicken meatballs

Enjoy the rest of your weekend

Greateight
on 10/27/18 10:29 am
Topic: RE: What?s on your Saturday Menu RNY?ers?

What time did it finally end?

I will be on the West coast Monday night so staying up for the Patriots won't be too hard.

Greateight
on 10/27/18 7:32 am
Topic: RE: What?s on your Saturday Menu RNY?ers?

Good morning. Its certainly looking like fall in our yard with all the leaves needing to be raked. I probably should get out and do at least some raking today. We will see. If Megan is reading did you stay up for all 18 innings of the Red Sox last night? I went to bed in the 11th inning and checked on my IPAD a couple of times after that but 18 innings is two full games.

QOTD: Generally just a hot steamy shower and sleep lot.

Breakfast: turkey meatballs, cottage cheese

Snack: Greek yogurt

Lunch: Ham and Swiss

Snack; SF pudding

Dinner: Blackened chicken

Have a great day all.

Greateight
on 10/26/18 5:23 pm
Topic: RE: What are you eating? Photo Friday

In a dozen years or so you two will be inseparable and your son-in-law (who will talk to his parents once a month) will wonder what on earth you need to talk about every day.

Greateight
on 10/26/18 5:12 am
Topic: RE: What are you eating? Photo Friday

good morning all. Happy Friday. We have a quiet weekend planned. Gym,Costco, a few other errands. But will be happy to sleep later and not have to get dressed and commute into the city. I am flying to Seattle on Sunday afternoon so that will cut the weekend a little short. After Seattle,I am down to three trips and five doctor's appointments for the rest of 2018.

QOTD: This hasn't come up much yet, but I think I will try and make the conscious choice and just try and make the rest of the day work macro wise. For now trying to stay on plan and get to goal. (although I don't really know what goal is)

Breakfast: Ham and Swiss

Lunch: Chicken

Snack: Ham and Swiss

Dinner Hamburger

Pictures are from gala last week

Greateight
on 10/25/18 6:47 am
Topic: RE: What?s on your Thursday Menu, RNYers?

Good morning all. I had a good appointment at the endocrinologist yesterday and I am now off of all four of my diabetes meds. She said that some people do need to go back on Metformin after about a year, but we will have to see. Today I have a dentist appointment so I am working from home.

QOTD: I don't have insomnia very often. Shortly after surgery I was sleeping much less but lately I have been back to close to 8 hours. I find that I sleep better in a very dark room.

Breakfast: omlette

lunch: Tuna

Snack: SF pudding

Dinner: Mahi Mahi burger, vegatable

Have a great day all.

Greateight
on 10/24/18 7:30 pm
Topic: RE: What?s on your Wednesday menu, RNYers?

First to appear, last to leave. Like an unwanted houseguest.

Greateight
on 10/24/18 6:31 am
Topic: RE: What?s on your Wednesday menu, RNYers?

Good morning. I have an endocrinologist appointment this morning. I never came off of insulin after surgery because I got dehydrated and they didn't want to start me on Metformin when I was dehydrated. So I have been slowly reducing my insulin dose each week. Hopefully she will tell me today that I can just stop it altogether. If not its only two more weeks.

QOTD: I seem to be losing from the outside in, so my arms and legs are getting slimmer but my stomach is retaining weight the longest. That makes getting dress pants that fit difficult and makes shirts loose in the chest and shoulders or tight in the stomach.

snack: Light and fit

Lunch: Tuna creations

Snack: Volpi

Dinner: Mahi burger unless family is eating something compliant

Have a great day all

Greateight
on 10/22/18 5:38 am
Topic: RE: What's on your Monday menu RNYers?

Good morning, rushing around a little to get a trip to the gym in before I head to the airport later this morning. I usually try to go 5 times a week and if I go Monday it makes it easier to get 5 in.

QOTD: I don't really have any tricks yet. One thing that I have noticed is that I have frozen food more often. There were a couple of very helpful posts on OH "what do you buy at Costco" and "what do you buy at Trader Joes" and I have used those to identify helpful things like turkey meatballs and Mahi-Mahi burgers. Also frozen vegetable steamers I can microwave one and have vegetables for the week.

Breakfast: Turkey sausage and egg

Snack: Dannon light and fit

Lunch: Chili

Snack: String Cheese

Dinner: Lamb

Have a great day all.

Most Active