Recent Posts

Teenie
on 4/23/21 1:04 pm - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17
Topic: RE: New Here

Your worries are nothing we all have not gone through. For me and I would say 99% of all successful WLS patients we would never change a thing. What I have gained in Health and mobility out weighs any food I ever put in my mouth. I still go to all the parties and actually still host many holidays. The only thing I just avoid overeating and drinking tons of alcohol. As for the skin there is always plastics and I been using different collagen creams that seem to be improving the wrinkles. I am definitely in a better place and would encourage anyone who has obesity related health issues to run, not walk to the surgeon and get it done. Good luck with whatever your choice ends up being.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

A. ORTIZ
on 4/23/21 9:54 am
Topic: HOW TO GAIN WEIGHT?

HOW DO I GAIN 5 LBS TO MEET MY 40BMI TO BE QUALIFIED?

PrincessPR
on 4/22/21 9:59 pm
VSG on 12/17/13
Topic: VSG to RnY

Hello!

So I'm several years out from VSG. I lost a lot but never met my true goal; however I'm happy. I'm now having significant issues with reflux and facing the possibility of needing surgical intervention which I've been advised would be revision to RnY. Has anyone gone through this?? Will I lose more?? How much different will my life change??

"The good Lord gave you a body that can stand most anything. It’s your mind you have to convince.” ~Vince Lombardi   Join me and help those with cancer!!!

changingmylife2021
on 4/22/21 8:04 am
Topic: RE: I need a personal grocery shopper!

Except for every once in awhile, I don't like to cook either! Where I live (out in the sticks) we don't have many grocery store options and the ones we do have a lot of locally "staple" prepackaged meals and almost none that I can find that I like. I know I could find somethings at a Trader Joes or Whole Foods Market but we don't have any close by. They are hours away. I used to live close to both of those stores and loved them. It's great that you have been able to make it all work for you without having to cook or plan!

changingmylife2021
on 4/22/21 7:55 am

Great idea! Maybe I can drag my sister or brother with me. I might try to order online and pick up the groceries. I just learned there is a store locally that does online ordering but it's a little ways away. I am pretty picky when to comes to selecting my meats and produce so not sure if I could order online all the time.

changingmylife2021
on 4/22/21 7:50 am

Hi Janet. I have not had weight loss surgery yet. It is my goal to make that happen this year-the sooner the better. You are right. I know that I need to change my habits, without a doubt. For meal planning, I am going to try that Paprika app recommended by White Dove. (If I can get someone to help me start it up!)

changingmylife2021
on 4/22/21 7:41 am

What an encouraging and insightful post! (Ive been sick for bit and had a death in the family so apologies for my delay in responding.) I very much appreciate all of your tips. I have not had the surgery yet and have set some personal goals for myself. I am very committed to changing my life this year and I am taking in all I can and learning from you and others who post on the message boards.I am very thankful for the support!

changingmylife2021
on 4/22/21 7:20 am

I just looked the Paprika app up. I would definitely have to get someone to help me set that up as I am not real great with adding app's and stuff like that. Computer challenged! This sounds like another good solution. I agree, walking into the grocery store without a plan is a mess! Thanks for the tip.

changingmylife2021
on 4/22/21 7:15 am

I just found out there is one grocery store locally that does let you order online and pick it up. It is a little further away but would save me money and from temptation. I also like your idea of teaming up wth someone and doing each others shopping but I really don't know anyone around here too well.

Evelyn K.
on 4/22/21 7:02 am - south plainfield, NJ
Topic: RE: RNY 2007, protein drink

Thank you for your suggestions, I remember Unjury! It is still in wide use so I'm hearing. That's a good thing. I'll check it out again.

Most Active