Recent Posts

Ccecejac
on 11/28/23 2:44 am, edited 11/27/23 6:46 pm
Mini Gastric Bypass on 02/06/20
Topic: RE: have hard time to lose weight to qualify for weight loss surgery and was anybody at my having troubl

Hi Brookline Petrea,

You are not alone with this matter. We as advocates for people with obesity trying to get bills pass in helping people in your situation get the medical services and resources they need to improve their health. Have you tried looking into other insurance plans that might cover your weight loss surgery? Talk with your primary care doctor to see if she can provide a referral stating you need this weight loss surgery due to medical reason,,,,,I hope this help.

Meanwhile, try some water aerobic exercise it burns a lot of calories no pressure on your joints. For lots of people facing obesity it is difficulty for some of them to walk to get exercise because the excessive weight and pressure on their joints cannot tolerate the pain. You can invest in a Stationary Bike helps relieve tension in your legs and joints.. .

Pray about it to the Lord is the best answer. I wish you well on your weight loss surgery.

God bless

Jmm4321
on 11/27/23 9:03 pm
Topic: RE: have hard time to lose weight to qualify for weight loss surgery and was anybody at my having troubl

I gained about 8 pounds during the required nutritionist sessions over several months. The insurance requirement is usually to attend the visits with nutritionists, not to lose a certain amount of weight. I was borderline at 40 bmi and felt the insurance company was looking for an excuse to deny the surgery if I lost too much weight.

Kathleen W.
on 11/26/23 7:00 am - Lancaster, PA

I can't speak for everyone. We all have struggles before WLS,

I had trouble losing before, also. What I had to do before was go to WW. I tend to under estimate how much I was actually eating.With WW, I had to be accountable how much that went into my mouth by recording what I was really eating, Also, I was learning proper nutrition for healthy lifestyle habits. It helped that I got weighed every week so I can see the progress I was making.

There are people that use different programs during the pre surgery stage: WW, Noom, nutrisystem, etc. Look for the style that would suit you best.

Good Luck.

SW 327
GW 150
CW 126

Gina 21 Years Out
on 11/22/23 12:31 am - Burleson, TX
Topic: RE: Drinking Our Calories

I am glad you read the info. Some people never DO, and never realize why their weight has slowed down- or even started coming up

Keep sharing your helpful information! I never would have drunk the green stuff, in the first stuff, but some people would!

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

Grim_Traveller
on 11/20/23 12:24 pm
RNY on 08/21/12
Topic: RE: Gastric bypass hypoglycemia

Horribly slow. I sent you a note. Pop by the menu thread on the RNY board. It's the only thing that gets regular activity.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Brookline Petrea
on 11/20/23 11:33 am
Topic: have hard time to lose weight to qualify for weight loss surgery and was anybody at my having troubl

I weigh over 500 lbs and have hard time to lose weight to qualify for weight loss surgery and was anybody at my having trouble loss weight to qualify for surgery

geri1852
on 11/20/23 10:19 am
Topic: RE: Need Advice -4th surgery now.

I have had gallbladder removed with hernia mesh and have not had a problem. The only thing was they couldn't do Lap and had to have my stomach cut open to remove it. So far everything is good and I had that surgery in 2013.

Nikke2003
on 11/20/23 9:39 am - PA
VSG on 05/13/13
Topic: RE: Gastric bypass hypoglycemia

Haha hey hello! I was randomly thinking of this site the other day and got curious as to whether or not anyone was still around! Activity is slow...

For more info on my journey & goals, visit my blog at http://flirtybythirty.wordpress.com

Manhattanite
on 11/18/23 8:22 am
Topic: RE: Drinking Our Calories

My husband was addicted to Starbucks extra strong coffee /espresso shot drinks.

Just read the calorie counts of the various offerings if they post them in your state .... Mostly four hundred range but often with extras can be 900 !

To me, that's a meal....

Most Active