Recent Posts

jfak7670
on 1/30/20 6:51 pm
Topic: RE: Bike or walk?

Hi! To my mind, both ways can be effective, so, you need to try both and understand, which one of these - cycling or walking works best for you. You can start from walking. Normally, a person should walk for about 10 thousand steps a day, it's approximately 5 miles. Then, gradually, try to increase this number. There are even special fitness trackers that count the number of steps you've walked, the number of calories you've burnt, your heart beating and so on. A good way to start keeping track of your activities.

The same story with cycling, you can buy a bike and commute to work on a bike instead of using public transport. Or you can buy an exercise bike and train, without leaving your apartment.

All in all, I suppose the idea is clear. Good luck!

highlandbear
on 1/28/20 5:04 pm - Canada
Topic: RE: weekly work out Jan 17

not sure how to change the date on it sorry about that

Candrews1
on 1/28/20 7:06 am - Jackson, TN
RNY on 04/17/15
Topic: RE: weekly work out Jan 17

Highland, change it to Jan 27th, not 17

Have really started hitting the gym harder..

Monday-Rehab (stretching and odd exercises using a strap)

Tues and Thurs-swim 1 mile

Wed and Friday (25 min elliptical, 20 min stationary bike and leg workout)

Sat-OFF

Sunday-(30 min elliptical, 15-20 min stationary bike, leg workout and 1 mile swim)

Height=5"4' Age=49 RNY=04/17/2015

HW=285, CW=205, LW=197, GW=195

My exercise motto-Further or faster!!!

GorgeousBD
on 1/27/20 4:17 am
Topic: RE: Post RNY - biking to work?

I stumbled upon this old thread but still decided to ask how have you been doing?

Biking ten miles per day sounds intense and should lead to impressive results I presume. I'm asking this because I decided to try the same here. I also own a Schwinn but it's a hybrid bike as mentioned here. Will it be enough for this?

Post from cabin111 was really helpful but still.

highlandbear
on 1/27/20 3:44 am - Canada
Topic: weekly work out Jan 17

i was able to get most of my training in last week but not all of it and that is ok. Life will go on

Monday swim and if time a work out in the gym

Tue work out in gym or bike ride on the trainer

wed nice and early swim and if the energy there a work out later in the day in the gym if not bike ride

Thursday a run

friday barre class and strength training

saturday run or bike

sunday run for sure

highlandbear
on 1/22/20 6:59 pm - Canada
Topic: RE: weekly work out Jan 20

Hope you get your wish about the Rehab.Sounds like you are really coming along

Candrews1
on 1/22/20 6:34 am - Jackson, TN
RNY on 04/17/15
Topic: RE: weekly work out Jan 20

Im here..lol

So I'm only doing 1 day of rehab now and I'm hoping when I go to Nashville to visit with my Hip Doctor he will let me stop rehab and actually start running again. But...as for now

Monday-Rehab

Tues and Thurs-1 mile swim

Wed and Friday- 25 min elliptical, 20 min stationary bike and leg workout..(machines)

Sunday- I do a mini indoor triathlon (sort of) 25 min elliptical, 25 min stationary bike and 1 mile swim with some leg workout (trying to strengthen my butt to help with my hip..at least that's what I have been told)

highlandbear
on 1/20/20 6:45 pm - Canada
Topic: weekly work out Jan 20

Not sure where every one is these days but I hope everyone is OK and still getting there exercise in. I know I have been away but I am back

Monday 45 swim

tue gym or the bike

wed swim and bike

thursday if sidewalks are good a run if not do a work out in the gym

friday work out in the gym

saturday and sunday i have to work so doubt i will get any work out in

highlandbear
on 1/13/20 5:17 pm - Canada
Topic: RE: Weekly Workout 01/13/2020

I was able to get into the gym for an hour and i was able to do a swim also

Tue ride the bike on the trainer. aiming for 30 minutes get back into it

Wed 6:15 am swim 70 minutes

Thursday a 60 minute run

Friday barre class

Sat bike on trainer

sunday run

Candrews1
on 1/13/20 7:30 am - Jackson, TN
RNY on 04/17/15
Topic: Weekly Workout 01/13/2020

So have really been hitting the gym much harder lately. Increasing times and resistance on the Elliptical and Stationary Bike..Also, started an actual workout in the pool instead of just swimming laps.

Even today, I started doing some squats..so hopefully, all this training will get me back to running.

Of course, not sure what I will be doing for the next 3 months because Tax Season starts and I have taken on a second job as a Video Tax Consultant for Turbo Tax..so, my workout hours may drastically be decreased or at least altered..

Most Active