Miss Redd’s Posts

Miss Redd
on 11/4/06 9:26 am
Topic: RE: Nesting?? Is this normal?
Oh boy! I sure hope it's normal, because I have been doing the same thing. My house just can't get CLEAN and organized enough! LOL! Much luck to you! My surgery is on the 28th of November.  Peace, Therese
Miss Redd
on 11/4/06 7:34 am
Topic: RE: Who else is having surgery on Monday besides me?
Hey you! Glad to see you are keeping busy. I checked the surgery board. Look here! http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/members/surgerydate s.php You can find all the other kids that are having surgery when you are!  Peace, Therese
Miss Redd
on 11/3/06 12:50 pm
Topic: RE: Getting Close
Congrats! I know waiting is the HARDEST part for sure!!!! You are ahead of me, my date is November 28th! Deep breaths. One thought at a time!!! Thats how I am working it! Hugs! Peace, Therese
Miss Redd
on 11/3/06 12:36 pm
Topic: RE: IM SO NERVOUS
Hang in there honey! Keep your eyes on the prize! Plus-you gotta come back and tell me how it went-I am due for surgery November 28th! Peace, Therese
Miss Redd
on 11/1/06 1:40 pm
Topic: RE: My surgeryis tomorrow
Good luck to you too, Florina!!!!!! Congrats!
Miss Redd
on 11/1/06 12:04 pm
Topic: RE: I'm a dork!!!
LOL! I can SO imagine me doing that! I can't wait until I get the chance!  Cracked me up! peace, Therese
Miss Redd
on 11/1/06 6:39 am
Topic: RE: My Surgery is just hours away
I bet you wake up feeling a lil groggy and sore-but HAPPY!!! I bet once you get your bearings-you will be thinking "YAY! I did it!" Much luck and happiness! Therese
Miss Redd
on 11/1/06 4:55 am
YAY M. Jay! Congrats to you TOOOOO!
Miss Redd
on 11/1/06 4:49 am
I agree-I seriously don't think they will cancel-but be VERY safe and find out the deal. Take GOOD care of yourself.Either way-your surgery is going to happen! :)
Miss Redd
on 11/1/06 4:37 am
Hang in there! Just call your surgeons office to let them know where you are at in this process. You always want to be in touch with them at this point. They may have info for you. Ask them about your headache too!! All will be well!!! Peace, Therese
Miss Redd
on 10/31/06 12:57 pm
Topic: RE: I can't drink this colyte!
Oh! I hope you come back and let us know how you did! I was keeping my fingers crossed for you!  I like the idea of chasing the drink with a more pleasant tasting drink. I am going to steal that idea when my glamorous day comes! Hang in there and good luck! peace, Therese
Miss Redd
on 10/30/06 3:27 am
Topic: RE: surgery tomorrow
You got it! I will be happy to keep you in my prayers. Go get em!! YAY YOU! Peace, Therese
Miss Redd
on 10/25/06 3:36 pm
Topic: RE: appproved surgury 10/30
I will be thinking of you and I believe you will be just fine! I am pre-op and I fully expect to feel just like you do today!  Steam forward girl-you are doing a very brave thing. Charge into that hospital and get ready to take your life back! YAY YOU! Peace, Therese Marie
Miss Redd
on 10/24/06 3:40 pm
Topic: RE: has anyone ever gone to rehab
Well of course you are anxious. Who wouldn't be? Don't forget that when your body is stressed out like it is, it will make you feel more depressed and see things in an even more upsetting way. You know how it is when we don't feel good! I say, get help now and you will see how the world will look so much brighter, honey. Did you contact the Rehab center yet? I think you would feel oh-so much better, and then you would finally get the chance to be happy and excited for the changes that will come! You can't be happy yet, because you are scared. Going to a place where you can just let go and stop trying to do it all alone is going to be SOOOO wonderful for you! Peace for you darlin'-brighter days are just around the corner, and I m not even kidding! :) Keep us posted!  Therese Marie
Miss Redd
on 10/24/06 12:30 pm
Topic: RE: Surgery Scheduled today!
Congrats to you! I hope to have my date on Thursday, maybe we will be around the same time? It's so exciting and emotional, isn't it? Peace! Therese
Miss Redd
on 10/23/06 12:26 pm
Topic: RE: has anyone ever gone to rehab
Hi Donna! I am a pre-op girl but I wanted to lend my support to you. Rehab sounds like a wonderful idea. I am supersize lady at 370+ and if I have any trouble with getting up and around after my surgery- I would definately try out a rehab center. They will help you do lots of things and also help ease your mind. Sometimes the worry and physical limitations can gang up on you and make you only see the worry. Rehab will put you around other folks who know just what you are going through. Please keep us posted!  Therese Marie
Miss Redd
on 10/22/06 9:23 am
Topic: RE: Protein sucks... Please Help

Hi Bob! I am a pre-op girl, but congrats on your success thus far! What about flavorless protein? I heard that you can mix that with food and/or drink. I have ordered some to try out. Not sure-still learning stuff everyday.

Also-I lived in Alaska for over 10 years. I lived in Cordova. I LOVED it-and I believe I may even retire in Alaska one day. To me-it's home. Fall is coming and you guys are starting to lose some light. Sounds like lots of changes for you right now!

Hope all turns out okay and you can find something that sits well with you!

Peace!

Therese

Miss Redd
on 10/21/06 3:03 pm
Topic: RE: LACTOSE INTOLERANT?????

Hi! I am still pre-op, but in the classes I attended, I was told to expect to become lactose intolerant. Something about the way milk sugar**** your system (much quicker just like plain old sugar) and will cause dumping.  They suggest a lactose free diet, or add Lactaid (I think that is the name of it). Just wanted to share that. Hopefully things will get better for you soon! Therese

Miss Redd
on 10/21/06 11:40 am
Topic: RE: Brand Spankin' New!
You guys are wonderful!!! Thanks so much for all of the postive feedback and well-wishes! I feel like I now have a place I can come and feel like I will be understood! YAY! Yes-I am stick clacking away. LOL! I have been on vacation all week. I dare say I am glad to go back to work on Monday and be SLAMMED with all that comes when you have the nerve to be away! :) I will be back again and again. Again-really, thanks so much for the kindness and time you took to reply :) Hugs Therese
Miss Redd
on 10/21/06 2:56 am
Topic: RE: Brand Spankin' New!
Hi all, I am new! I received my approval for surgery this past Wednesday. I was one of the tragic folks to be told they needed to do the 12 month diet. I almost gave up-but what the heck, I stuck it out!  Much to my STUNNED Surprise-I was approved. Um-I can't sleep. I am totally grinding over this. I am sure this is pretty common. I am having visions of smaller pants and a healthier body dancing in my head all night!  Sigh! Well-I wanted to say hi and tell you I have my profile up if you want to take a gander, I have a bit more info there and will continue to fill in the blanks. I would LOVE to meet more of you and I could really use some buddies on this road.  I will have a date sometime later next week after another pre-surgery class. From there we will see where I need to schedule date-wise. Um..I hope I don't keep the neighborhood up with the clicking sounds going on in my brain! LOL!  I will now go back to reading your posts!! Peace, Therese Marie
Most Active