LaraNicole’s Posts

LaraNicole
on 1/10/11 4:20 am
LaraNicole
on 5/11/10 7:08 am
Topic: RE: 5 years TODAY!!!
awwww, thanks!!!!
   Marlee_Page_12-1.jpg picture by LaraNicole strainedcarrots-1.jpg picture by LaraNicole
Miss Marlee Marie 

LaraNicole
on 5/11/10 6:38 am
Topic: RE: 5 years TODAY!!!
Woohoo!  5 years is a LONG time.  So happy to be healthy.  Thank you all who have supported me along the way.  It has been an amazing journey!
   Marlee_Page_12-1.jpg picture by LaraNicole strainedcarrots-1.jpg picture by LaraNicole
Miss Marlee Marie 

LaraNicole
on 3/3/10 10:46 am
Topic: RE: HELP!!!
Ok in May I will be 5 years out and I *think* I have a freaking slip.  I have been in pain since Sunday and can only get down liquids and some think soups.  I have severe pain when swallowing right under my ribs.  I have a ton of stuff going on at work this week so I have been trying to make it through the week by just doing liquids but the pain has not stopped.  Not sure if insurance will cover anything since I have new insurance.  Just really scared right now.

Oh...why would I have a slip? well, I was at Red Lobster and got a piece of shrimp stuck and threw up a LOT.
Miss Marlee Marie 

LaraNicole
on 9/5/09 2:48 pm
Topic: RE: Been Away For A LONG TIME....
THANKS!

Sorry you are having iron issues :(

I take all liquid vitamins.  I absorb them easier.

LaraNicole
Miss Marlee Marie 

LaraNicole
on 9/5/09 1:58 pm
Thank you!!!

And yes, that is EXACTLY why I chose this surgery over others.  I wanted the flexibility to be able to get pregant.  So I was able to have my wonderful baby and still lose the weight again!!!

LaraNicole
Miss Marlee Marie 

LaraNicole
on 9/5/09 1:22 pm
Hi EVERYONE!!! I was banded 5/12/05 so I am going on my fiftth year on having a band.  It has been very different for me than a lot of others because I had several huge issues I had to overcome once I was banded, but I want you all to know that I am still going strong and doing well.

Remember to take your vitamins becuase we CAN run into vitamin issues especially iron and vitamin D.  Twice my vitamin D has been so low that I could not walk.  I now have to take 3000iu a day of vitamin D.  They can not come up with any other reason other than I am not getting in enough in my restricted diet. I also have to take B12 and B1 as I am constantly deficient is both of those.  I am tested every 3 months for vitamin deficiencies.  That is the only issue I have right now.  

2005-2006 -100 lbs
2006-2007 - 150lbs Thyroid Cancer
2007-2008- 150lbs Cancer removed - CANCER FREE 2 YEARS!!!
2008 Pregnant total fill removed gained 70lbs
2009 -40lbs of the 70lbs gained
total lost from start -110lbs
goal -40lbs by 5/12/2010

Love you all and I wish you all continued success!!!

LaraNicole

Miss Marlee Marie 

LaraNicole
on 12/14/08 2:49 pm
Topic: RE: Success with revision possible?

HEY!  I So know what you are going through.  After my port replacement I lost 20 pounds poof it was gone.  Now nothing and I have 20 more to go.  I HAVE to lose this weight because HATE it soooo much AND I know what it is like without it since I was there before the baby.  I am so scared to get a fill right now every time I think I am going to get one I get stressed and things start to get stuck.  I hope I can settle down  - get a good fill - and this this off for good.  I hope you can too.  I think we just have to do baby steps.  Good Luck Juliebug!

Miss Marlee Marie 

LaraNicole
on 11/4/08 1:04 pm
Topic: RE: Shouting, ' YES WE CAN'!
YES WE CAN - and we have to! This is our Country we need to for everyone.  I have been caught up in all of this.  I have lost my job and I am in the process of trying to deal with Countrwide and my home loan working to refinance it only on my husbands salary - we can not afford our home with only his salary.  I know how tough this economy is.  So I say YES WE CAN - we have to. We have to fight to keep our jobs and our homes. 
Miss Marlee Marie 

LaraNicole
on 11/4/08 12:57 pm
Topic: RE: just read this on the R&R forum...
This is such an EPIC moment in time for all of us.  Tonight is the most historical night of our lives.  So so so AWESOME!!!!!!!!!
Miss Marlee Marie 

LaraNicole
on 9/11/08 5:33 am
Topic: RE: Nifty Tool...
yes, the band should help you drop a pound a week by decreasing the amount of food you are intaking. 
Miss Marlee Marie 

LaraNicole
on 9/11/08 5:09 am
Topic: RE: What is your secret? Why don't you ever slime or PB?

Hi Karen - I agree with Tina on this one the stomach  is a living organ that reacts to everything.  Being three years out now and having gone through gall bladder disease, cancer and a pregnancy I know that there are times I just could not eat so I lived on liquid protein even for months at a time because I would get so swollen (without a fill even).  What I used to tell my patients as an advocate was that each meal had to be entered into like it was your first -they are all a new experience.  Each bite has to be chewed well and the meal itself has to have no stress surrounding or that stress can cause your stomach to swell too.  I do think from what I have read lately that you are just too tight especially since you are still experiencing that night reflux occasionally.  That should not be happening at all and is a sign of  a band being too tight.  Keeping a band too tight can lead to serious complications and even erosion so hopefully your surgeon will take some out soon.  I take numerous pills daily and I have no problems with them going down or sliming.  When are you going to the Dr?

The one thing I have also learned is that being experienced does not mean we know what we are doing, LOL.  A few months ago I went to dinner with my family and ended up throwing it all up because I didn't chew enough.  Now, I am experienced but damn I can be an idiot sometimes...ugh.  So, I sat myself down with tears in my eyes and I forced myself to cut up tiny little baby bites and I made it through that meal. I will never claim that I have not PBed or slimed, I claim to be human and therefore I err...ugh.

Miss Marlee Marie 

LaraNicole
on 9/11/08 4:53 am
Topic: RE: Nifty Tool...
food for thought...nifty tool to help determine how long it will take you to get to goal it uses you BMR thought this was cool http://www.nytimes.com/ref/health/caloriecounter.html what do you think?

Miss Marlee Marie 

LaraNicole
on 9/9/08 12:09 pm
Topic: RE: Quest Diagnostics????
If you get your labs done again through Quest they can get the results the next day after 12.  Make sure you are fasting 12 hours before you go in. The surgeons office can have the results from Quest faxed to them.  This is not hard.  I worked as a lapband advocate and we did this all the time through Quest.  Also they can get the results online through as system I think it's called Care360.
Miss Marlee Marie 

LaraNicole
on 9/5/08 8:07 am, edited 9/5/08 8:32 am
Topic: RE: *sigh* I may have a leak....
Hey Lori, after three years I was stabbed a little too rough during a fill and well poof I developed a leak too.  Luckily I was able to have flouro done the next week although the could not see the leak the first time with the dye so they filled me up and had me come back in a few hours and I had 2 ccs missing...yup there was a leak.  The port replacement was not bad though and I it's been a month now so I am due for a fill, but I am a bit needle shy...ugh.  I knew something was wrong too because I only had 1.8cc in me and she was telling me I can't get any in it's so tight ...um you are on the edge digging a hole in me.
Miss Marlee Marie 

LaraNicole
on 9/5/08 4:20 am
Topic: RE: 4 bite syndrome?
IMHO As long as you are getting in enough protein at other time like dinner perhaps then you should be ok.  Just be careful not to dip too low in calories and keep your protein level pretty decent.  We should try for *60grams each day. 
Miss Marlee Marie 

LaraNicole
on 9/5/08 4:16 am
Topic: RE: nurse was so rude!
IMHO, they should be having you come in every 4-6 weeks to weigh you and to talk about your progress whether you need a fill or not.  This way they will have a better understanding of how to support you through your weighloss effort.  I am sorry that this has happened to you.
Miss Marlee Marie 

LaraNicole
on 4/11/08 1:53 pm, edited 4/11/08 1:53 pm
Topic: RE: Hey Everybody...Piiiiiictures
You are so cute and why have you not come to  a support group meeting??? We have several all over town?  Chelle B and I are usually at the one in Round Rock every month you gotta come and then I run one off of Parmer that is the 4th Thursday of every month.
Miss Marlee Marie 

LaraNicole
on 4/11/08 1:48 pm
Topic: RE: Recent Fill and Band Friendly Dinner
Sounds yummy!  I just got my first fill after the baby yesterday and my dinner tonight was half a banana with peanut butter on it.  I am really tight.  BUT I was not hungry all day and I did liquids. We both need to make sure we get in at least 1000 calories per day 60 grams of protein. Starting over after  almost 3 years for me is hard, but I am determined to get this baby weight off ASAP. 
Miss Marlee Marie 

LaraNicole
on 4/11/08 1:43 pm
Topic: RE: What do you hate most about your weight loss?!
Hey Girlie WHirl BIG SMooch!!! How the hell are ya??? I miss you and it sounds like you are doing great on the loss now?! right?  Fill me in... love ya!
Miss Marlee Marie 

LaraNicole
on 3/6/08 11:14 am
Topic: RE: yep, I have a slip

Lemme know 2morrow if they can't get you in and I will see if my NP can unfill you.  Don't want you miserable! Love you!!! -Lara

Miss Marlee Marie 

LaraNicole
on 1/24/08 10:53 am
Topic: RE: Anyone use Care Credit to pay for LapBand?
Hi! I dunno where Montgomery Texas is, BUT the American Institute of Gastric Banding/TrueResults uses CareCredit. and they are in Dallas/Austin/Houston/SanAntonio  The fixed rate is 11.9% if you get approved.  You can push your payments out for 84 months and pay $264 per month (the cost of the surgery, surgeon, hospital, anesthesiologsit and 2 years of aftercare/fills is $15,000)  You can go to TrueResults.com to find out if there is one near you.  NOT all drs. will accept Carecredit because they charge the offices 10%.
Miss Marlee Marie 

LaraNicole
on 1/22/08 9:17 am
Topic: RE: Let's talk about vitamins ... Calcium

Thank  you for printing that info.  I have to take 2000mgs of calcium per day because I have HypoCalcemia.  I have to basically O/D on Calcium because my parathyroids were removed when they removed my thyroid cancer last year.  They have me taking OsCal with D 4x per day.  If I do not take it I end up in the hospital having to get an IV.  Currently my Calcium level is 8.1 which is too low, but not bad enough to start slurring and falling alseep and or having a heart attack.  I have to get it monitored monthly.  NOT FUN!

Miss Marlee Marie 

LaraNicole
on 1/22/08 9:03 am
Topic: RE: My two year band anniv. picture
AWESOMENESS!!!! Oh my dear Doris, you look so woenderful....love the shoes too!
Miss Marlee Marie 

LaraNicole
on 1/22/08 9:00 am
Topic: RE: OT: Does anyone work in Medical Billing?
Dunno if I can help, but I may be able to get the codes for you tomorrow.  I will check when I get it.
Miss Marlee Marie 

Most Active